Do you ever feel like you are going crazy? Is it your colleagues that drive you crazy, or is it a noisy neighbour? You might have your hands full with too much work and too short a time to complete it. Or you may be stuck in a traffic jam and late for a job interview.
你觉得自己要疯了吗?是你的同事把你逼疯了,还是你的邻居吵吵闹闹?你可能手忙脚乱,要在短促的时间内完成很多工作。或者你可能陷入交通堵塞,面试要迟到了。
Below you will see some of the most common English idioms you can use when feeling angry, frustrated or irritated with something.
下面你将看到一些最常见的英语习语,当你对某件事感到愤怒、沮丧或恼火时,可以使用这些习语。
1. go bananas
1.发疯,发狂
If I stay with her one more minute, I'll go bananas.
假如我跟她再多待一分钟, 我就疯了.
2. go nuts
2.疯了,发疯;失去理智;
Teenagers like to get together and go nuts on Saturday night.
青少年喜欢在星期六晚上聚在一起做一些疯狂事.
3. lose it
3.发疯
When Erica asked Tim to leave, he just lost it and started shouting at her.
当艾丽卡叫蒂姆离开时,他发疯了,开始朝她大喊大叫。
4. go mental
4.失去理智
Have you gone mental? Why do you keep arguing with the boss? You’ll get fired.
你是不是疯了?你怎么能跟老板吵个不停?你要被炒鱿鱼了。
5. freak out
5.崩溃
We are going to freak out if you do not show up.
你不来我们就要发疯了. (freakout这个 词用的可多了,不好怎么明确地解释)
6. go bonkers
6.抓狂
When I was told to wait for another hour, I just went absolutely bonkers.
当我被告知再等一个小时时,我简直要抓狂了。
7. go berserk
7.暴躁狂怒
The crowd went berserk when they were told that all the flights had been cancelled.
当他们被告知所有的航班都被取消时,人群变得狂怒起来。
8. blow one’s top
8.发狂,发神经
professional women Good enough is never good enough. Perfectionist blow one's top feel guilty start the whole cycle over again
职业女性追求完美永无止境。完美主义者发脾气内疚再把整个过程重复一遍
9. fly off the handle
9.大发雷霆
He's extremely irritable - he flies off the handle at the slightest thing.
他极容易发火——芝麻大的小事都能让他大发雷霆。
10. hit the ceiling/ hit the roof
10.勃然大怒
I can’t be late. My parents will hit the roof.
我不能迟到,否则我父母会勃然大怒的。
11. go ballistic
11.发怒,生气
My new neighbours throw parties every night. It just makes me go ballistic.
我的新邻居每晚都开派对。这让我很生气。
12. go off the deep end
12.大怒,火冒三丈
I’ll go off the deep end if I get fired because of someone else’s mistake.
如果我因为别人的错误而被解雇,我肯定会被气死。
13. blow up
13.怒火冲天
When I saw the look on Helen’s face, I just knew she’d blow up.
当我看到海伦脸上的表情时,我就知道她的怒火即将爆发。[/cn
14. pop one’s cork
14.暴跳如雷
I have something to tell you. Please, don’t pop your cork.
我有点事儿要告诉你。你听了可千万别生气哈。
15. go ape
15.大发雷霆
When Colonel Harper found out, he would go ape.
哈珀上校发现了一定会勃然大怒。